Last Updated: April, 2019
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information when you:
- Visit the Website.
- Create an account through our Website.
- Sign-up to receive marketing emails such as newsletters and blog posts.
- Participate in our surveys or research projects.
- Enter a contest or participate in a promotion.
- Contact us with a comment, question or complaint.
Create an Account: You do not have to register to visit or use our Website. However, if you are a storm chaser, we require certain information in order to create your account and enable you to post images or content on your chaser website which is publicly accessible. The information we collect includes your first and last name and email. We use this information to create and administer your account. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account, you are required to notify us immediately.
Location Data: The Highways & Hailstones LIVE mobile app collects location data to enable route tracking and mapping of chase events when on an active chase even when the app is closed or not in use.
Marketing Communications: If you may sign-up to receive email marketing communications such as newsletters or blog posts, we collect your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that you may continue to receive transactional or account-related communications from us.
Surveys and Research: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys or other research projects. The information obtained through our surveys and research projects is used in an aggregated, de-identified form. We use this information to help us understand storms and to enhance our Website.
Contests and Promotions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information you provide. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion.
Contact Us: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name and email, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as described below or as required or permitted by applicable law.
- Service Providers: Your personal information may be transferred (or otherwise made available) to third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website and providing advertising and marketing services. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or other purposes. Our service providers may be located in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
- Legal and Compliance: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of H&H Records or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
- Visiting our Website: In general, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are or submitting any personal information. However, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) addresses of all visitors to our Website and other related information such as page requests, browser type, operating system and average time spent on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity and to monitor and improve our Website.
- Cookies: Our Website uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our Website sends to a user’s browser, which may then be stored on the user’s hard drive so that we can recognize the user’s computer or device when they return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to not accept certain cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from our Website, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Website features.
- Analytics: We may use a third party such as Google Analytics to help us gather and analyze information about the areas visited on the Website (such as the pages most read, time spent, search terms and other engagement data) in order to evaluate and improve the user experience and the Website. For more information or to opt-out using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” and “Google Analytics and Privacy”.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise required to meet legal or business requirements.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.