Last Updated: April 16, 2021
OWNERSHIP / RESTRICTIONS ON USE
The Platform is owned and operated by H&H. Any and all content, data, graphics, photographs, images, audio, video, software, systems, processes, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other information including, without limitation, the “look and feel” of the Platform (collectively, the “Content”) contained in the Platform are proprietary to H&H, its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. The Content is protected by Canadian, United States and international copyright and trademark laws.
Except as set forth herein, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Content without the express prior written consent of H&H. You may download, print and reproduce the Content for your own non-commercial, informational purposes provided you agree to maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices contained in such Content, and to cite the URL source of such Content. Reproduction of multiple copies of the Content, in whole or in part, for resale or distribution is strictly prohibited except with the prior written permission of H&H. To obtain written consent for such reproduction, please contact us at email@example.com.
To access certain portions of the Platform, create your Chaser Website, or to broadcast a live chase through the App, you may be asked to register for an online account . In consideration for your use of this Platform and the services provided on it, you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information as requested during registration, and to update that registration information as soon as possible after any information on such registration form changes .
Upon registration, you will choose or be provided with a username and password. You alone are responsible for keeping that password and username confidential, and for any and all activity that occurs on the Platform and Chaser Website under such password or username. You agree to immediately notify H&H of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security.
The Website, any Chaser Website or the App may permit the submission of content, such as articles, photographs, texts and comments, generated by you and other users (“User Content”).
As between you and H&H, you will retain all of your ownership rights in and to your User Content. By submitting User Content to the Platform, you hereby grant to H&H a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, reproduce, distribute, edit and display publicly (including but not limited to over the Internet, broadcast television or any other uses or media) your User Content, in whole or in part, in connection with the advertisement and promotion of the Website. You also waive your moral rights to the User Content, and hereby grant each user of the Website and the App a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the Website or App.
USER CODE OF CONDUCT
By submitting User Content and as a condition of your continued access to and use of the Platform or Chaser Website, you agree to abide by all applicable federal, provincial, state, territorial, local and other laws and regulations and the “Code of Conduct” set forth below. Specifically, in addition, without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- 1. submit any User Content that is protected by or otherwise subject to any third party intellectual property or proprietary rights (including any privacy and publicity rights) unless you own or have permission from the rightful owner of such rights to post such User Content and to grant H&H all of the rights granted herein;
- 2. upload, post, comment, e-mail or otherwise transmit any statements, material or User Content that:
- o constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial electronic message;
- o is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, or an unfair product comparison;
- o contains any form of destructive software such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, cancelbot, or any other harmful components or any other computer file, program or code, designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- o otherwise encourages criminal conduct or that would give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation in any jurisdiction.
- 3. harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Platform or Chaser Websites, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such users;
- 4. for the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Platform or Chaser Websites;
- 5. attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Platform or Chaser Websites, other computer systems or networks connected to the Platform or Chaser Websites, through password mining or any other means;
- 6. interfere with or disrupt networks or servers connected to the Platform or Chaser Websites or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks;
- 7. use, download or otherwise copy, or provide to any person or entity any Website or App users directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Platform or Chaser Website; and
- 8. use the App (including taking or uploading photos, videos, texts or articles) while operating a moving vehicle during a live chase. You are required to assess whether the use of the App using hands-free technology is appropriate under the particular circumstances and whether such use is permitted under applicable laws. Further, if applicable federal, provincial, state, territorial, local or other laws or regulations are more restrictive, you must follow the applicable law. You will be solely responsible for any liability, damages or other penalties associated with the use of the App in a manner prohibited by applicable law.
APP UPDATES AND UPGRADES
It is our goal to provide increased value to visitors to our Website. Therefore, our Website or the Chaser Websites might offer you links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties and therefore not affiliated with us. Please understand that such linked websites are independent from H&H and that H&H has no control over the content of such websites. Consequently, H&H cannot be held liable and makes no warranty or representation whatsoever as to the accuracy, timeliness and/or completeness of the information contained on such websites.
The links which we might place on our Website or chasers might place on the Chaser Website do not imply that we sponsor, endorse or are affiliated or associated with, or have been legally authorized to use any trade-mark, trade name, service mark, design, logo, symbol or other copyrighted materials displayed on or accessible through such sites.
DISCLAIMER / LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Although we strive to update and keep accurate as much as possible the Content contained on the Platform, errors and/or omissions may occur and we cannot guarantee it is accurate and complete at all times.
ACCORDINGLY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PLATFORM, INCLUDING THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN, IS BEING PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. H&H DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. H&H DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS ON THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL H&H, ITS AFFILIATES, MEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE PLATFORM, ANY CONTENT, EVEN IF H&H HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WE DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY OR CURRENCY OF ANY CONTENT, INCLUDING USER CONTENT.
CHANGES AND TERMINATION
“Highways and Hailstones” is a trade-mark of H&H. Other marks, graphics, typefaces, trade-marks and logos appearing on the Platform are trade-marks or trade dress of H&H. All other trade-marks appearing on the Platform are property of their respective owners. Our trade-marks and trade dress may not be used in any manner for any purpose without our express written consent.
ADDITIONAL LICENSE TERMS
Apple App Store
- (b) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary hereunder, you may use the App only on an iPhone or iPod touch that you own or control.
- (c) You and we acknowledge that Apple has no obligation to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the App.
- (g) You represent and warrant that you are not: (i) located in any country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; or (ii) listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- (h) You may contact us in writing regarding any notices, questions, complaints or claims with respect to the App at firstname.lastname@example.org
- (a) You acknowledge that Google is not responsible for providing support services for the App.