Tornado causes extensive damage as it touches down, tears path through forest
The F1 tornado at Dollars Lake, Ontario. Touching down northeast of Britt at 6:30pm, the tornado caused an extensive swath of tree damage through the forest along its 11km path.
This was one of nineteen tornadoes that struck Southern and Central Ontario on August 20. The others:
- deadly and destructive F2 that struck Durham
- damaging F2 that hit The Blue Mountains
- F1 at Arnstein
- F1 that tracked between New Lowell and Edenvale
- F1 at Newmarket
- damaging F2 in the Woodbridge neighbourhood of Vaughan
- F0 at Moonstone
- damaging F2 tornado in the Maple neighbourhood of Vaughan
- F1 that struck Gravenhurst
- F1 at Milton
- F0 near North Bay
- F1 near Haliburton
- F0 at Redstone Lake
- F1 at Ril Lake
- F0 at Orono
- F1 at Rice Lake
- F1 that tracked from Bancroft to Carlow Mayo
- F1 at Buckshot Lake
Do you have stories, photos, videos about this tornado?
Describe below what you'd like to contribute. Travis will get in touch from here to fold in your media to the tornado story.